Garbage is collected by West Central Sanitation weekly on Tuesdays.
Monthly garbage rates are as follows:
35 gallon cart - $11.50
65 gallon cart - $12.30
95 gallon cart - $14.25
Prices subject to adjustable fuel surcharge.
- One-sort/curbside recycling is collected every other Tuesday on garbage days.
- There is also recycling bins located on 1st Avenue South across from the County Hwy Garage.
For complete Recycle details visit McLeod County Solid Waste.
- Glass — All colors accepted; remove caps and lids.
- Plastic — All plastic (#1-#7) accepted — Water Bottles, Milk Jugs, Shampoo Bottles, etc.
- Cardboard Boxes — Food Container boxes, (Cereal, Noodles, Dry Food, etc.), Cardboard, and Gift Boxes. NO beverage cartons accepted.
- Paper — Printed newsprint, Flyers, all glossy/semi glossy ads, inserts, magazines, catalogues, telephone books, soft cover/hard cover books (hard covers removed), Printer paper, envelopes, file folders, notebooks, shredded paper, sticky notes, etc.
- Metal cans — Aluminum, tin cans, aluminum foil.
Yard Waste Site
Grass clippings, leaves and branches can be taken to the Yard Waste Site on 1st Avenue South. Appliance and E-Waste can also be disposed of at the Yard Waste Site. Permits and fees for disposal are taken care of at the city clerk's office. The site will be opened and monitored according to the following schedule:
Tuesday and Thursday 3:30 p.m.-dusk
Saturday 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
May through October
Site will be closed in adverse weather.
Important Information updates-